4/07/2017

【古希臘文小教室】朗讀 ​Homer's Odyssey 9.94-104

清大人社院學士班

中級古希臘文​二​
Intermediate Classical Greek I​I​

─ 課堂學生朗讀 ─

朗讀教材:​A Reading Course in Homeric Greek, Book I.​ 
by R. Schoder and V. Horrigan. ​​Focus Publishing, 2005.

朗讀範圍:​Lessons 69-71 (Odyssey 9.94-104) ​


​古希臘文引文:

τῶν δ᾽ ὅς τις λωτοῖο φάγοι μελιηδέα καρπόν,
οὐκέτ᾽ ἀπαγγεῖλαι πάλιν ἤθελεν οὐδὲ νέεσθαι,
ἀλλ᾽ αὐτοῦ βούλοντο μετ᾽ ἀνδράσι Λωτοφάγοισι
λωτὸν ἐρεπτόμενοι μενέμεν νόστου τε λαθέσθαι.

τοὺς μὲν ἐγὼν ἐπὶ νῆας ἄγον κλαίοντας ἀνάγκῃ,
νηυσὶ δ᾽ ἐνὶ γλαφυρῇσιν ὑπὸ ζυγὰ δῆσα ἐρύσσας·
αὐτὰρ τοὺς ἄλλους κελόμην ἐρίηρας ἑταίρους
σπερχομένους νηῶν ἐπιβαινέμεν ὠκειάων,
μή πώς τις λωτοῖο φαγὼν νόστοιο λάθηται.

οἱ δ᾽ αἶψ᾽ εἴσβαινον καὶ ἐπὶ κληῖσι καθῖζον,
ἑξῆς δ᾽ ἑζόμενοι πολιὴν ἅλα τύπτον ἐρετμοῖς.

古希臘文英譯:

And among those who ate the honey-sweet fruit of the lotus, one no longer wished to bring back news nor to return home, but there they, feeding up the lotus, wanted to stay with the Lotus-Eaters and forgetful of return home.

On the one hand, I for my part began to lead those who were weeping onto the ships by force, and, on the other hand, I dragged them and tied them under the rowing benches in the hollow ships; but I began to order the other faithful hurrying companions to board on the swift ships, in fear that someone, having eaten (the fruit) of the lotus, may be forgetful of return home.

And they began to walk quickly and to sit on the oar-locks, and they, sitting in order, began to strike the grayish sea with their oars.


─ 清大歷史所  張峻豪 ─